The following are resources are intended for new members of the Wisconsin Council on Mental Health (WCMH) and Committees. These resources include background information on the Council, mental health services in Wisconsin, and State Government.
About the Wisconsin Council on Mental Health
Read about the structure, roles, and responsibilities of the Wisconsin Council on Mental Health.
- Information for WCMH Members - Overview of the WCMH, a useful document for new members.
- WCMH Bylaws - The guiding bylaws of the Council.
- WCMH Strategic Plan - Current Strategic Plan which guides the Council's activities.
- Commonly Used Acronyms - Acronyms which are commonly used by the Council and may be heard at Council meetings.
- Committees of the WCMH - Links to the websites of the WCMH Committees
- Simplified Rules of Order - The WCMH uses a simplified version of Roberts Rules of Order for meetings.
Wisconsin's Mental Health System and State Government
Read about the legislative process in Wisconsin, Wisconsin's Mental Health System and the State Agencies which oversee mental health services.
- About the Wisconsin Department of Health Services - Information about the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, a key partner of the WCMH
- What services are provided in Wisconsin? - A useful Legislative report which provides information on mental health and substance abuse services in Wisconsin.
- A Citizen's Guide to Participation in the Wisconsin State Legislature - A useful guide to the Legislative process written by the Wisconsin Legislative Council Staff
- The State Budget Process - A paper on the state budget process written by the Wisconsin Legislative Fiscal Bureau
- About State Agencies - Information and links to the various State of Wisconsin agencies
- DHS Glossary of Acronyms - An online glossary resource of acronyms used by the DHS
Data and Reports
Explore data and reports which detail the number of people receiving services, areas of need, and outcomes of mental health programs.
- Wisconsin Division of Care and Treatment Services Reports and Studies - Website with various reports and studies compiled by the DCTS
- Wisconsin Mental Health and Substance Abuse Needs Assessment - A comprehensive report of Wisconsin developed in collaboration with the WCMH
- Previous Mental Health Block Grant (MHBG) Applications and Plans - Previous MHBG plans are available online, the WCMH is involved in the review and development of these plans.
- Wisconsin Behavioral Health Barometer - A useful document created annually by Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
WCMH Member Resources
Helpful tools and resources for members of the Council
- Travel Reimbursement Request Form (Non-State Employee) - WCMH Members and appointed committee members may be eligible for travel reimbursement. Contact WCMH staff for more information.